My Blog List

Friday, September 28, 2018

GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT?




Unless you have been living in a remote cave off the grid you are aware of the controversies that are swirling around the nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to a seat on the U.S. Supreme Court. Before Judge Kavanaugh was nominated, the democrats in the U.S. Senate publicly stated that they would oppose anyone, no matter who they were, who President Trump nominated to fill the vacancy on the Supreme Court. 

Dr. Christine Blasey Ford has accused Judge Kavanaugh of attempting to sexually assault her thirty six years ago when they were both in high school.
Judge Kavanaugh emphatically denies  that he committed the alleged assault. 

Yesterday, both Dr. Ford and Judge Kavanaugh  testified under oath at length before the Senate Judiciary Committee. Both Dr. Ford and Judge 
Kavanaugh  provided compelling testimony. So the problem for the Committee and the U.S. Senate at large is to decide where the truth lies. 

Here is where I come down on this question.  I am convinced that Dr. Ford is the victim of an attempted sexual assault that occurred when she was fifteen years old. I found her testimony to be compelling. However, at the end of the day all we have is her word. There is NO corroborating evidence to support her version of events. 
I am NOT saying that Dr. Ford is lying. I am saying that what Dr. Ford said is simply not true. People often say things that they believe to be true but upon further examination prove to be untrue. That does not mean that these people were lying but that they were simply wrong. The people who Dr. Ford said were present during the incident have all stated, under penalty of perjury, that they were not present and have no recollection of the event in question.

Judge Kavanaugh has provided a virtual mountain of corroborating evidence that he was not involved in the incident. He emphatically stated that he did not do it. He had personal calendars/diary that demonstrated that he was elsewhere during the time that the incident is alleged to have happened.
Furthermore, anyone who has known Judge Kavanaugh, including men and women who have known the Judge for most of his life, have stated that he was a person of the highest integrity and moral character. There have not been any people, men or women, who have worked with or for Judge Kavanaugh, who say anything different. They all affirm Judge Kavanaugh’s character and assert that Judge Kavanaugh is incapable of the alleged conduct. Any examination of the Judge’s life will bear out the assertion of his friends.

I am convinced that Judge Kavanaugh has been shown to be a good and decent man. I am convinced that Judge Kavanaugh is eminently qualified to sit on the U.S. Supreme Court. I do not believe that there is any competent evidence to contradict these beliefs. I believe that the conduct of the democrats and the political left in this matter have been reprehensible. 


Judge Kavanaugh should be immediately confirmed!

4 comments:

  1. Agree. I just don't understand why the people who can vote cannot see that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. Although as a victim of sexual assault myself, and didn’t say anything for years, I just have a gut feeling that he didn’t do it. She was drinking and that can affect the memory, as a teenager I know I used less than “good” judgement in many situations. I also admitted to it when I did. No one is perfect. So in my opinion I find her credibility questionable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you 100%. There are people out there willing to pay big dollars to anyone who will lie or spin a tale to make our President look bad.

    ReplyDelete