My Blog List

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

A LATE SUMMER HODGEPODGE!



      Welcome back Wednesday Hodgepodge! Welcome back to our Hodgepodge Mistress, Joyce Daley. Thank you for another wonderful set of writing prompts. So, without further ado, I present the Hodgepodge....

1. What has been the highlight of your summer so far? (It's still summer people!)
     Each Labor Day the church meets at one of the members house and food gets cooked, salads, desserts and drinks get contributed to the cause, and we have a wonderful time of sharing food, conversation and games. It is usually the highlight of the summer.

2. What do you wish you'd done more of this summer? Less of?
     I wish I had done more writing, specifically on my blog. I could have done with fewer doctor visits. (See Random Thought below)

3. Something you're looking forward to on your September calendar?
     My beloved SWMBO expressed the desire to travel to Canada for a few days. I'm thinking that we might visit the maritime Provinces. She's thinking of visiting Niagara Falls from the Canadian side. We'll keep you posted.

4. Best/favorite book you've read this summer?
     I'm still reading it. It's called "The Blood Sugar Solution" by Dr. Mark Hyman. I am trying to get better control of my blood sugar levels.

5. Share something positive, encouraging, or uplifting here.
     My beloved SWMBO is responding to her cancer treatments. We recently received clearance from her oncologist to travel. She has felt the urge to travel, hence my response to question #3 above.

6. Insert your own random thought here.
     Expanding my response to question #2 I had nothing better to do this summer so I developed a couple of kidney stones. Anyone who has had kidney stones will tell you how much they hurt. 
     I woke up around 2:30 a.m. one morning, in significant pain. Nothing I tried took the edge off of the pain. So around 2:30 p.m. I told SWMBO what's been happening and that I needed to go to Urgent Care. She then knew I was in some distress because I NEVER go to the doctor unless I am dire straits.
    At Urgent Care the doctor administered a number of tests that revealed that I had a kidney stone lodged in each kidney. The one in my right kidney was not causing any mischief. The one in my left kidney was causing a lot of mischief. I felt like I was being kidney punched by Muhammed Ali (sp?) . I underwent a surgical procedure to remove the stone. 
     It has been a few weeks since the surgery and I'm feeling much better.  I hope that the remaining stone continues to behave itself. I further hope that I do not develop any more stones.
     Have a wonderful week.


4 comments:

  1. Oh and ouch x 100. Those kidney stones are miserable. I do hope your remaining one behaves and no new ones develop. Glad your SWMBO is responding to treatments and you have the okay to travel. Niagara on the Lake is a charming little place to visit. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow to those kidney stones. Joe had one and I know how much pain he was in. So glad you got it taken care of and are doing okay! I am SO happy to read that your dear wife is doing better and has been given to okay to travel a bit! I know it will do you both good!! Do keep us posted and post some photos please! I've missed you while Joyce was off and now she is done with the HP, so please think of us missing you and post now and then! Have fun on your trip and hugs to Lynne!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you've had such a miserable time with the kidney stones. I'm glad you're feeling better and I do hope you all get that trip to Canada. I'm always wanted to stay in a little town called Niagara-on-the Lake. I've heard it's beautiful! Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a great Labor Day tradition. Your future travel plans sound perfect. I'm so happy she got the clearance to travel and responding to the treatment. Sorry about your kidney stone and the surgery. Staying hydrated and putting a squeeze of real lemon in you water can help kidney stones.

    ReplyDelete