My Blog List

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

SUMMER IS HERE HODGEPODGE!




     "When in the course of human events...." These words begin what I consider to be one of the greatest documents ever written, the Declaration of Independence. As we approach the 242nd birthday of our great Nation I have been thinking about our beginning and subsequent history. Despite our flaws, and there are many, we continue to be a noble people and a force for good upon the face of the earth.
     Another force for good upon the face of the earth is the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Thank you Joyce Daley, our Hodgepodge Mistress, for these weekly respites from the drudgeries of life. Enjoy!

1. Summer is upon us this week in the Northern hemisphere. Tell us three things on your summer bucket list.
     One thing on the list is the Laconia Motorcycle Rally, the oldest motorcycle rally in the country. It ran through father's day. My mission when I go is to purchase a rally pin, purchase an Italian sausage with onions and peppers, and a soft serve ice cream. This year...mission accomplished.
     Another thing on our bucket list is a trip to the beach with the Littles. We must find some Fried Dough. SWMBO & I love Fried Dough with powdered sugar.

2. Something fun you used to do as a kid in the summertime?
     One of my favorite things to do as a youngster, usually with my friends, was to play, fish and swim at the river which was located about 100 yards from my front door.

3. Rootop or backyard? Why?
      You will find me in the backyard. I love the smell of grass. I love the trees ans looking up at the sky. Also, it is hard to grill on the roof...just sayin'.

4. Do you read food labels? Place importance on them? Make an effort to find out/care about where your food comes from?
     I do read food labels sometimes. I place a reasonable amount of importance on them. I do care where my food comes from.  I am not as dilligent as I perhaps should be. 

5. A song you'll have on repeat this summer?
     The catalogs of Boston, Kansas and the Eagles.

6. Insert your own random thought here.
     I will not bore you with a lot of  commentary, but I have a few opinions to express.  
    (1)  My beloved Red Sox continue to play good ball. 
    (2)  The Department of Justice Inspector General's Report on the investigation into the Hillary Clinton emails is in. The IG did as good a job as possible given his limitations of authority. More about this in a future blog post.
     (3)   The hearings with the DOJ IG went as expected.  Both sides of the aisle interpreted the report in accordance with their own notions of what actually happened.
    (4)  I hope that all you Dads out there had a great Father's Day...I surely did. I was well spoiled by my beloved SWMBO.
     Have a great week!




6 comments:

  1. Glad your mission was accomplished this year. Yummy treats!! We love the Eagles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to have a goal/mission. Enjoy the rally. Glad you had a good Father's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love the smell of grass!!! One of my very favorites!! I am now following you from Hodgepodge - you can follow back if you wish at Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes! Fried dough at the beach! Yummy. Living so close must have been fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Joe loves the fried dough with powdered sugar too. Funnel cakes or elephant ears... I enjoyed your answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were in my neck of the woods. I live 4 miles from the Weirs! Seemed like a lot of fun was had by all, and no big drama. Viva Motorcycle Week!

    ReplyDelete