My Blog List

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

CUE THE BEATLE'S "WHEN I'M SIXTY FOUR" HODGEPODGE!


     Happy Hump Day to all who have made it this far. We are into the 2nd quarter of the year. How is your year going so far? As usual, our year has been fraught with some ups and some downs, but we endure by the grace of God.
     Yesterday, SWMBO and I celebrated the completion of my 64th trip around the ball of burning hot gas called the Sun, hence the title of this post.
     The baseball season is well underway as are the Stanley Cup Playoffs. I hope your team does well, that is unless they are playing my team.
     We have another Wednesday Hodgepodge today, so thank you Joyce Daley for another set of questions. So, without further ado...the Hodgepodge!

1. Three things on your spring bucket list? If you don't have an actual list that's fine, pretend you do.
    Three things on my Spring bucket list is watch and score Red Sox Baseball, with Bruins Playoff Ice Hockey and refinance our home mortgage.

2. Where do you find rest? What restores your soul? When was the last time you did whatever it was you answered here?
      I find rest in watching and scoring a baseball game. I find that sharing a meal and sharing good conversations with my beloved SWMBO or good friends restores my soul. The last time that I did that was last night when SWMBO took me out to dinner.

3. April is National Celery Month. Who knew? Do you like celery? What's your favorite dish made with celery? On a veggie and dip platter which would you reach for first-carrot sticks, celery sticks, cucumbers or cherry tomatoes? 
      I do like celery. I do not think I have a favorite dish but I like celery in soups. I like celery filled with cream cheese or peanut butter. As regarding veggie and dip platters I usually do grab a few stalks of celery first. 

4. I read here eight things to do before 8 am to make your day less hectic-Start one load of laundry, drink water, empty the dishwasher, read your Bible, know what you're having for dinner, get dressed, brain dump (two lists-one what you're thankful for and one what's weighing on your mind), and after the brain dump make your to-list for the day

How many of these are you currently doing? Which one do you think would help the most if you added it to your early morning routine?
     The only thing that I do before 8 am is get dressed. I usually do by Bible study and quiet time in the evening after SWMBO and the "Littles" go to bed. I also do my brain dumping in the evening. I drink water throughout the day, along with a cup of coffee or two and/or maybe a cup of tea. 

5. Describe the view from your window.
     Looking out the window from where I am typing this I see our unpaved gravel driveway below me. To the right is our front lawn. To the left is our garden shed. At the end of our driveway on the left is a utility pole with a transformer. Also on the left is a smattering of trees. At the end of our driveway on the right is our mailbox and a lamp on a pole. There is also a smattering of trees. Across the street from the end of our driveway is a wetland and looking up I see gray overcast clouds. 

6. Insert your own random thought here.
       This past weekend our church held our annual youth rally. There were around forty teens from area congregations. Our speaker was a former member who now preaches full time. He travelled with his lovely bride from the Lone Star State to speak to us. The theme of the weekend was "Jesus, The Good Shepherd." The sermon text was the 23rd Psalm.    
       Several members of the congregation stepped up to take responsibility for various functions that are necessary to host such an event. Several members stepped up to help those members complete their functions that made the weekend a success. I am so proud of the church members and their heart for God and for young people. I pray God's blessings upon all who participated.



7 comments:

  1. I still owe you dessert from yesterday! Where and when love. I'll take you our for dessert. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great event and always nice to see people step in and use their gifts. Hope you're seeing signs of spring up your way. Go Phillies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bucket list sounds fun. ;-) We will be heading to see the Brewers play the Twins in May. It is closer for us to travel to MN to watch our Brew Crew! I am so happy they still play each other and do so in WI and MN to give us fans a chance to watch them.
    Have a great week,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you belated birthday wishes! I'll turn 64, too, in just a few short months. Funny, 64 doesn't seem as old as it used to :)
    I'm glad your church's youth rally was a success! That's our future, after all.
    Enjoy the rest of your week,
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!! Watching baseball takes a lot of patience, I'm glad you love it so much. I love celery with PB, I'll have to try it with cream cheese. Sounds like a wonderful youth rally. I love when young people are inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday!! I'm late catching up, but enjoyed your HP!!

    ReplyDelete