Wednesday, January 10, 2018
PELLET STOVE LOVE HODGEPODGE
Good morning everyone. How's your new year going so far. I hope that everything is going well for you and yours. We are finally getting some respite from the bitter cold. However, the bitter cold is sure to return. I thank God for our wood pellet stove and the wood pellets fuel to keep it cranking out those BTU's.
Thank you Joyce for another interesting Wednesday Hodgepodge. I urge you to join in on the fun. I hope that you enjoy this weeks post.
1. January is National Mentoring Month. Have you ever had a mentor? Been a mentor? How would you rate the experience?
When a new police officer is hired, they are required to attend a sixteen week Police Academy. After graduation they are assigned a Field Training Officer (FTO) for another few months. This FTO tailors the training received at the police academy to the specific policies and procedures of their police department.
This is a classic mentoring relationship. This mentoring continues well after the new police officer completes their field training. I have been mentored and I have been a mentor.
2. What current trend makes no sense to you?
One trend that I find troubling is the current practice of bringing up events that occurred decades ago and using those events for the sole purpose of destroying a person's life. I find this to be grossly unfair. People change over time and most people are not the same people today that they were thirty or more years ago.
In criminal law there is a statute of limitation. This law prevents bringing a prosecution after a specified period of time. There are exceptions, however. For example, there is no time limitation on bringing a murderer to justice.
In short, with few exceptions, no one should be held responsible for conduct that was committed decades earlier.
3. I saw a cartoon on facebook highlighting a few 'weird' things that make you happy as an adult. The list included-writing with a nice pen, having plans cancelled, freshly cleaned sheets, eating the corner brownie, cleaning the dryer lint screen, and sipping coffee in that brief time before anyone else wakes up. (Credit for the cartoon goes here) Of the 'weird' things listed which one makes you happiest? What is one more 'weird' thing you'd add to the list?
I would have to say, of the things listed, I go with the sipping that first cup of coffee in the morning. Having the corner brownie is a close second.
4. What's the last good thing you ate?
Chines Pie! I made some Chinese Pie, A.K.A. Shepherds Pie, for my beloved SWMBO and me. We also had salad yesterday (Monday).
5. Describe life in your 20's in one sentence.
SWMBO and I were young adults with very young children.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
In January 2017 I had to have my furnace replaced at great cost. This January that brand new furnace was not running right. It sounded like a clothes dryer with a couple of balls tumbling within it. Our oil company came and repaired the furnace. The technician diagnosed the problem as a partially clogged fuel filter. He replaced it. I hope that this takes care of the problem.
Thank God for our wood pellet stove.
Enjoy the rest of your week everybody.