Wednesday, August 9, 2017
WELCOME AUGUST HODGEPODGE!
Good morning to one and all. I hope that you are all well on this August Wednesday morning. The weather has been a bit unsettled this month. It rains, the Sun shines, it rains again, and so on! Mother Nature can't seem to make up her mind. This is not unusual for the Granite State.
Our friend Joyce Daley has seen fit to publish another series of Hodgepodge questions. So, we might as well answer them. Therefore, here is this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge.
1. Do you try to set rules for yourself about how you use your time? Explain.
I do not set rules for how I use my time. I go as the spirit moves me and try very hard to be a good steward of my time because I really don't know how much time I have left. The fact is that none of us know how much time we have left.
2. Monday was National Lighthouse Day. Have you ever visited a lighthouse? If not, do you have any desire to see one up close? Of the 10 Most Beautiful that made this list which would you most like to see in person-
Lindau Lighthouse (Germany), Fanad Lighthouse (Ireland), Portland Head Light (Maine), Yaquina Bay Light (Oregon) The St. Augustine Light (Florida), Peggys Point Lighthouse (Canada), Start Point Lighthouse (England), Tower of Hercules (Spain), Bass Harbor Head Station (Maine), and White Shoal Light (Michigan)
When you've been away, what's your 'lighthouse' telling you you're on the right road home?
I have never visited a lighthouse up close. There is a very popular lighthouse in southwestern Maine. It is called the Nubble Lighthouse. SWMBO and I have visited it on a number of occasions. I don't really have a strong desire to visit lighthouses.
I don't get the last question. Oh well!
3. What have you unintentionally stopped doing? Is this something you need to pick back up and begin again, or is it something you need to let go of for now (or even permanently)?
Normally, when I stop doing something it is because I chose to stop doing it. I cannot think of something that I stopped doing that I should begin doing again. I sometimes get behind in my Bible reading from time to time but I just pick up from where I left off.
4. We've had a full week of August. Share a GRAND moment from your month so far.
One grand moment is the sixth anniversary of my retirement from a 30+ year law enforcement career. Still living the dream with my beloved SWMBO!
5. Tell us one song you love with the word 'baby' in the title.
"Don't Worry Baby" by the Beach Boys.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
North Korea is creating a serious international kerfuffle. How serious is it? Last weekend the United Nations Security Council voted unanimously to impose economic sanctions upon that imprisoned nation. That means that both Russia and China supported the imposition of the sanctions.
As you know, Korea has been improving its ballistic missile technology. It is now believed that they possess the technology to reduce the size of a nuclear weapon which could be launched inside one of their missiles.
I pray God that cooler heads will prevail and that North Korea will cease their bellicose programs and rejoin the community of nations. Enjoy your week!